Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cauliflower "fries"

Hello! I am back on the low carb wagon as of yesterday. The past two days have been simple, I've had 1 boiled egg and 3 pieces of bacon for breakfast, chicken salads for lunch/dinner and lots of water. I have been drinking a lot of Propel Zero(berry, grape & kiwi strawberry), they have no carbs or sugar and I think they're really good.

Today I wanted to try something different, I have seen that a lot of people use cauliflower to replace potatoes so I figured I would try it out.

What you need:
Fresh cauliflower
Vegetable oil
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Break your cauliflower in small pieces
Toss cauliflower in oil and spices
Turn your oven on a low broil
Place cauliflower on a baking sheet spread out
Broil on low for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the chunks and how crispy you want your "fries"
Serve with ketchup/ranch (If you use ketchup use a small amount, it has sugar in it)

I ate mine with ketchup and surprisingly they do taste similar to french fries.


4 comments:

  1. Easy does it with the ketchup. That's all sugar carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I just used a very small amount, but other people may not know that.

      Delete
  2. Heinz makes a low-sugar ketchup that is 1 carb/tbsp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know that, I will have to get some. Thanks!

      Delete